Venue: Council Chamber - Epsom Town Hall
Contact: Democratic Services, tel: 01372 732121 email: email@example.com
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to declare the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in respect of any item of business to be considered at the meeting.
No declarations of interest were made regarding items on this agenda.
The Committee is asked to confirm as a true record the Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning Committee held on the 30 May 2019 (attached) and authorise the Chairman to sign them.
The Minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 30 May 2019 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman, subject to the amendments detailed below:
Minute 9 Page 32, 5 Derby Square, High Street, in the footnote at the end of the item, Debbie Monksfield to be removed from the list of Councillors known to objector.
Minute 11 Page 33, Clive Smitheram attended as a nominated substitute for David Reeve.
Repair works to Grade II listed wall
Repair works to Grade II Listed Wall.
Repair to the wall is PERMITTED, subject to the following conditions:
(1) The development hereby permitted shall be commenced within 3 years from the date of this decision.
Reason: In order to comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act, 1990. (As amended)
(2) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
· 18035/01 - CHURCHYARD WALL EXTERNAL ELEVATIONS DEFECTS AND EXTENT OF REMEDIAL WORKS
· 18035/02 - CHURCHYARD WALL INTERNAL ELEVATIONS DEFECTS AND EXTENT OF REMEDIAL WORKS
· Specification of Works for St Mary’s Church Wall Restoration
· Heritage, Design and Access Statement for St Mary’s Church Wall Restoration
Reason: For avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning. As required by Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy 2007.
(3) Prior to the commencement of development, details shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority of the materials to be used for external surfaces of the development including all making good works, demonstrating that the finishing materials match those of the original building/structure in size, colour, texture, profile, finish, bonding and pointing. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To safeguard the special architectural and historic interest of the listed building In the interest of the character and appearance of the conservation area in accordance with Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policies DM8, DM9 and DM10 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
Reason for pre commencement: in the interests of the avoidance that works would not result in any harm to the Grade II listed building.
(4) No clearance of vegetation shall commence on site until details have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority of a tree works and tree protection plan including details of the protective fencing and other protection measures have been. At all times until the completion of the development, such fencing and protection measures shall be retained as approved. Within all fenced areas, soil levels shall remain unaltered and the land kept free of vehicles, plant, materials and debris.
Reason: To protect the trees on site which are to be retained in the interests of the visual amenities of the locality in accordance with Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policies DM5 and DM9 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(1) In dealing with the application the Council has implemented the requirement in the National Planning Policy Framework to work with the applicant in a positive and proactive way. We have made available detailed advice in the form or our statutory policies in the Core Strategy, Supplementary Planning Documents, Planning Briefs and other informal written guidance, as well as offering a full pre-application advice service, in order to ensure that the applicant has been given every opportunity to submit an application which is likely to be considered favourably.
(2) Your attention is ... view the full minutes text for item 17.
The Committee is asked to note two appeal decisions from 3 May to 12 June 2019.
The appeal decisions from 3 May to 12 June 2019 were noted.