Venue: Council Chamber - Epsom Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services, 01372 732122
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in respect of any item to be considered at the meeting.
No declarations were made by Councillors in items on this agenda.
The Panel is requested to determine an application for the grant of a Premises Licence application made under the Licensing Act 2003
The Panel was requested to determine an application for a Premises licence for Epsom Picturehouse, Derby Square. Epsom KT19 8AG under the Licensing Act 2003.
Two objections to the representations had been received from two former Town Ward Councillors Mr. Axelrod and Ms Wormington on the grounds of Crime and Disorder, Public Nuisance and Public Safety.
Surrey Police and Environmental Health had submitted conditions that were agreed by all parties and no other representation were received by any other responsible Authority.
The Panel acknowledged that an additional condition had been agreed that was not included in Annex 5, as follows:
‘No off-sales to be supplied after 23.00’
A verbal representation was received by the Panel from the Solicitor representing the applicant. She outlined the experience that the company had in managing licenced premises and their intention to engage with all sectors of the local community by offering a broad programme of events.
It was noted that the premises was located in the ‘Red’ licensing zone, however cinemas were not included within the Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy.
The Applicant responded to questions from the Panel and confirmed the following:
· Live music would be used as a marketing tool relevant to the event and would not incur a customer charge
· It was noted that the Designated Premises Supervisor named on the application form resided in the Midlands, however the Applicant confirmed that following granting of the licence they would be recruiting a Designated Premises Supervisor from the local area.
A verbal representation was also received by the Panel from Councillor Neil Dallen (Town Ward) who spoke on behalf of the two objectors Mr. Axelrod and Ms Wormington. This supported the written representations objecting on the grounds of prevention of crime and disorder, public nuisance and public safety.
Following consideration of the written and verbal representations made the Panel RESOLVED:
Grant the application as requested, subject to the conditions outlined in the report, as follows:
Conditions agreed by Surrey Police
(1) No use of the outdoor seating area after 23.00 for the consumption of alcohol.
(2) All outdoor furniture will be removed or stacked away after 23.00 from the outdoor seating area
(3) No off-sales to be supplied after 23.00 (This condition was agreed by the responsible authorities but not included in Annex 5 attached to the report).
Condition agreed from Environmental Health
(4) All outdoor furniture will be removed or stacked away and secured/immobilised after 23.00 from the out seating area