Illumination of Adventure Gold facility and variation of condition 4 of planning permission reference 12/01094/FUL to allow evening use of facility.
Illumination to Adventure Golf Facility and variation of Condition 3 of planning permission reference 12/01094/FUL to allow evening use of facility
Planning permission delegated to the Head of Planning for decision, subject to agreement with the applicant to amend the switching off times of the floodlights.
Postscript: Following the meeting the Head of Planning secured the requested amendment to Condition 4 (detailed below) which reflected the Members request in relation to reduced hours for the lighting. In all other respects the proposed conditions will apply.
Subsequently planning permission is PERMITTED subject to the following conditions:
(1) The development hereby permitted shall be commenced within 3 years from the date of this decision.
Reason: In order to comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act, 1990. (As amended)
(2) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
Lighting Column Drawing 3D43167-01
Proposed lighting Layout Plan dated 14.03.2017
Outdoor Lighting Report 13335-1-A Dated 14.03.2017
Reason: For avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning, as required by Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy 2007.
(3) The illumination of the Adventure Golf Facility should not exceed luminance levels of 300 candelas per square metre.
Reason: To ensure that the development does not prejudice the free flow of traffic and conditions of safety on the highway or cause inconvenience to other highway users in accordance with Policy CS16 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policy DM35 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(4) The premises shall not be used for the purposes hereby permitted outside of the hours of 9am to 10pm. Floodlighting shall not be operated outside of the hours of 9am to 9.30pm.
Reason: To restrict the use to periods which are acceptable having regard to the location and to ensure that the use does not prejudice the enjoyment by neighbouring occupiers of their properties in accordance with Policy DM10 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(5) The development shall only be carried out in accordance with the landscape scheme approved under application 14/00114/FUL dated 09.09.2014
Reason: To ensure the provision and maintenance of landscaping in the interests of visual amenity as required in accordance with Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policy DM5 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(6) No new development shall be occupied until space has been laid out within the site in accordance with the approved plans for cars/cycles to be parked. The parking area shall be maintained exclusively for its designated use.
Reason: The above condition is required in order that the development should not prejudice highway safety nor cause inconvenience to other highway users in accordance with Policy CS16 of the Core Strategy 2007
(7) The development shall be carried out in accordance with the Method of Construction Statement approved under application 13/00129/COND dated 26.09.2014
Reason: In order that the development should not prejudice highway safety nor cause inconvenience to other highway users in accordance with Policy CS16 of the Core Strategy 2007
(8) The applicant shall implement the travel plan approved under application 13/00129/COND dated 26.09.29018, on completion of the Adventure Golf Course, and for each subsequent occupation of the development thereafter maintain and develop the Travel Plan to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority
Reason: To ensure sustainable travel modes in accordance with Policy CS16 of the Core Strategy 2007
(9) No tannoys, loud hailers, public address systems or amplified sound shall be operated on the site at any time.
Reason: In order to ensure a satisfactory development in the interests of the neighbouring amenities of the locality as required by policy DM10 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(10) The site shall be remediated in accordance with the approved measures and verification report submitted and approved by the Local Planning Authority under application 13/00129/COND dated 26.09.2018
Reason: To control significant harm from land contamination to human beings, controlled waters, buildings and or/ecosystems as required by Policy DM17 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(1) In dealing with the application the Council has implemented the requirement in the National Planning Policy Framework to work with the applicant in a positive and proactive way. We have made available detailed advice in the form or our statutory policies in the Core Strategy, Supplementary Planning Documents, Planning Briefs and other informal written guidance, as well as offering a full pre-application advice service, in order to ensure that the applicant has been given every opportunity to submit an application which is likely to be considered favourably.