Internal and external demolition, refurbishment and extension to building (Listed Building Consent).
Internal and external demolition, refurbishment and extension to building (Listed Building Consent)
Listed Building Consent is GRANTED, subject to the following conditions:
(1) The development hereby permitted shall be commenced within 3 years from the date of this decision.
Reason: In order to comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act, 1990. (As amended)
(2) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
03(01) Proposed General Arrangement / C
03(03) Proposed Dems & Alts 1 of 2 / A
03(04) Proposed Dems & Alts 2 of 2 / A
03(05) Proposed Roof Plan 1 of 2 / A
03(06) Proposed Roof Plan 2 of 2 / A
03(07) Proposed External Elevations / A
03(08) Proposed & Existing Sections
03(09) Site Location & Block Plan
Reason: For avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning, as required by Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy 2007.
(3) Prior to the commencement of development, details and samples of the external materials to be used for the development shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To secure a satisfactory appearance in the interests of the visual amenities and character of the locality in accordance with Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policies DM8, DM9 and DM10 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(4) No development shall take place until details of all new or replacement external chimneys, flues, extract ducts, vents, grilles and meter housings have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The works shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details. All new external flues, pipework and grilles shall be cast metal and finished in black.
Reason: To safeguard the special architectural and historic interest of the listed building in accordance with Policy CS5 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policies DM8, DM9 and DM10 of the Development Management Policies 2015.
(1) In dealing with the application the Council has implemented the requirement in the National Planning Policy Framework to work with the applicant in a positive and proactive way. We have made available detailed advice in the form or our statutory policies in the Core Strategy, Supplementary Planning Documents, Planning Briefs and other informal written guidance, as well as offering a full pre-application advice service, in order to ensure that the applicant has been given every opportunity to submit an application which is likely to be considered favourably.
(2) Your attention is drawn to the need to comply with the relevant provisions of the Building Regulations, the Building Acts and other related legislation. These cover such works as - the demolition of existing buildings, the erection of a new building or structure, the extension or alteration to a building, change of use of buildings, installation of services, underpinning works, and fire safety/means of escape works. Notice of intention to demolish existing buildings must be given to the Council’s Building Control Service at least 6 weeks before work starts. A completed application form together with detailed plans must be submitted for approval before any building work is commenced.