Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Following consideration, the Committee resolved to agree:
(1) The proposed changes to 2022/23 budgets following the re-basing exercise, as set-out in section 5 of the report;
(2) The proposed contingency funding for the homelessness service in 2022/23, as set-out in paragraph 5.5 of the report;
(3) The proposed strategy for setting the 2023/24 budget in Section 6 of the report, including:
i.That the funding options identified in Table 5 should be progressed;
ii.That a service-specific savings target of £243k should be set for homelessness;
iii.That Directors and Heads of Service should work to produce specific income generation and savings options to meet the remaining budget deficit of £1.704m.
(4) That owing to the Council’s projected budget deficit, any additional new growth items supported by Policy Committees will need to be fully funded from existing budgets.
(5) The budget setting timetable at Appendix 2 to the report.
Recommendations 1, 2,and 5 above were agreed unanimously.
Recommendations 3 i, 3 iii and 4 were agreed with 8 votes for, 1 abstention and the Chair not voting.
Recommendation 3 ii was agreed by the Chair’s casting vote following 2 votes for, 2 votes against and 5 abstentions.
Report author: Brendan Bradley
Publication date: 28/07/2022
Date of decision: 26/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 26/07/2022 - Strategy and Resources Committee