Venue: Council Chamber - Epsom Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Fiona Cotter, 01372 732124 Email: email@example.com
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to declare the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in respect of any item of business to be considered at the meeting.
Declarations of interest were made by Councillors Lucy Botting (Elmbridge Borough Council) and Councillor Liz Frost (Epsom and Ewell Borough Council) on the grounds of their employment with the NHS. Councillor Liz Frost had received a dispensation from Epsom & Ewell Borough Council’s Standards Committee to speak and vote on matters related to health.
The Panel is asked to confirm as a true record the Minutes of the meeting of the Health Liaison Panel held on 23 November 2015 and to authorise the Chairman to sign them.
The Minutes of the Meeting of the Health Liaison Panel held on 23 November 2016 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman. It was noted that the meeting of the Panel which took place on 22 February 2016 had taken place at place at Bourne Hall and, in an effort to attract a wider audience, had been badged a as public meeting.
Kate Scribbins, Chief Executive of Healthwatch Surrey will be in attendance and will update the Panel on the work of the organisation.
Kate Scribbins, Chief Executive, and Peter Gordon, Independent Non- Executive Director and Chair of Healthwatch Surrey were in attendance and provided the Panel with an overview/update on the organisation and its work upon which Members of the Panel asked a number of questions.
Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group
Steve Hams, Interim Director for Clinical Performance and Delivery at Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group will be in attendance and will update the Panel on the work of the Clinical Commissioning Group.
Steve Hams, Interim Director for Clinical Performance and Delivery and Dr Nicola Kirby, Locality Chair for Epsom for Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group (“the SDCCG”), were in attendance and provided an update on some of the SDCCGs current projects, as well as a general overview of some of the work the SDCCG was undertaking to improve services for local people.
The update focussed on:
· Improving community hospital care – next steps following consultation
· The Surrey stroke review
· SDCCGs plans for the future
· An update from SDCCGs new Epsom GP Locality Chair
· Questions from the Panel
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
Daniel Elkeles, Chief Executive, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust will be in attendance and will provide an update on the Trust’s latest performance and financial position.
Daniel Elkeles, Chief Executive, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust was in attendance and provided an updated on the Trust’s latest performance and financial position.
The update covered:
· A look back at 2015/16
· Performance against a number of key standards set by the Government
· Strategic Challenges going forward in the medium term
· The Care Quality Commission’s Report and key areas for improvement identified in that report
· What the Trust had achieved since November 2015 and, in particular, in relation to investing in staff and improving infection control over recent years
· The Estates Review
· What the Trust would need to consider in developing it Strategic Outline Case for new facilities which would also support the work on future healthcare provision in south west London and Surrey
· What the Trust would achieve in 2016/17
· Questions from the Panel