Following consideration, the Committee resolved to:
(1) Approve the Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021;
(2) Agree the Annual Governance Statement included within the Statement of Accounts;
(3) Receive the Audit Findings for 2020/21;
(4) Agree the management action in response to the audit recommendations detailed at Appendix A of the Audit Findings report;
(5) Agree that the Chair or Vice Chair of Strategy and Resources Committee and the Chief Finance Officer sign the Letter of Representation on behalf of the Council;
(6) Consider and approve the management responses to Grant Thornton’s enquiries, as set out in Appendix 4.
(7) Delegate any further amendments to the 2020/21 Statement of Accounts to the Chief Finance Officer in consultation with the Chair or Vice Chair of Strategy and Resources Committee.